What keeps you; what makes you move on?
As a Drupal developer you are well aware that your skills are in high demand and you have a lot of choice about who you work for and the conditions you accept in the workplace. What makes you remain in a particular work arrangement?
Perhaps you work for a small web development company, or perhaps for a corporate or perhaps for a government department or non-profit. Or perhaps you work for yourself. What are the determining factors for you remaining where you are or seeking better opportunities?
- What motivates you?
- What makes you happy at work?
- What makes you unhappy and stoic?
- What turns you into an automation just waiting for the next pay check?
- What gives you a thrill and makes you go "Yes! Send that Drupal Beast to My Desk! I will eat it for breakfast"?
- What gives you the sense that you are in the right place, that you are living the life you want to as you do your work?
- What makes you spend half your psychic energy each day debating about whether to tell the boss where he can stick it?
- What gives you the courage finally to say "Enough. I am out of here"?
- What makes you feel that you could hang out with these people for years and develop even more clever stuff together?
- What makes you think "Yes. I am appreciated."?
- What makes you think "I could retain me better than my boss could if I were running this company"?
- What is the yes; what is the no?